Terms and Conditions
Healthrageous Healthy Eating Concierge Program
We hope you find Healthrageous meals, programs, and information (“Services”) helpful in making choices to eat more healthy.
By submitting an enrollment form, clicking on a “Complete order” button, or accessing or using the Services, you consent and agree to:
- Receive email messages, standard text messages, and secure chat messages related to your health condition and Services offered to you. You agree to receive email and standard texts to your device, and messages which are encrypted and sent via secure chat, accessible by you from a password-protected website. We will not send in standard text messages your “protected health information” (PHI) as defined by the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act and their implementing regulations as amended from time to time (collectively, “HIPPA”), but secure chat messages may contain PHI. You acknowledge that standard texts are not encrypted and not considered a secure technology, and that any unencrypted email or standard text messages that you receive may indicate personal information and possibly the nature of your condition and may be intercepted or viewed by other people who have access to your mobile device.
- You are responsible for letting us know if your mobile device, phone number, email, or contact information changes. Failure to update us about a change to your mobile device, number, or email could result in personal information being viewed by an unintended third party, for which we will not be liable. You also are responsible for securing and safeguarding your self-generated personal identification number (PIN) and security question responses through which you set up access to secure chat messages, and you agree that you will not share or allow anyone else to know or use your access credentials, and to notify us immediately if you believe that your credentials may have been compromised. Failure to do so may result in exposure of your PHI.
- We are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. Message and data rates may apply, for which you are responsible. You may text “STOP” to cancel messaging and “HELP” for assistance. Text messages will be sent to your mobile number using an automatic dialing system. Text messaging may not be available via all carriers.
- Certain situations outside of our control may impact your ability to receive text, email, or chat messages from us in a timely manner or fail to reach you at all. These situations include but are not limited to mobile signal issues; carrier and Internet transmission issues; or interference from terrain, buildings, or other impediment. We are not liable for any losses arising from a message that is delayed or not delivered to you.
You also agree to follow these meal ordering and cancellation terms:
- Order Deadlines – Place meal orders in advance. Orders placed before 11pm PT on business days will be processed and shipped the next business day. Orders received after 11pm PT, on the weekends, or on holidays, will be processed and shipped the 2nd business day. Orders will arrive within 1-3 business days of shipping. Deliveries will not be made on Saturdays, Sundays, or federally recognized holidays. Order deadlines are subject to change based on the distribution center used by Healthrageous.
- Order Changes – Submit changes to weekly meal orders or recurring meal orders in Healthrageous shop by the Order Deadline. If your cancellation request is submitted after the Order Deadline, your recurring meal order will be shipped, and the cancellation will not take effect until the following order cycle.
- Order Substitutes – Accept that sometimes substitute meals for your selected meals may be provided. Sometimes your selected meals may not be available or other circumstances require us to substitute items in your order.
- Retail or “Self Pay” Purchases – Agree to pay for retail, or “self-pay” meals not covered by your Medicare Advantage policy, by credit card, debit card, or EBT. If you make changes to your order after the order deadline, the change will take effect in the following billing cycle. If you pay by credit card, you will be bound to the terms of the agreement with the credit card issuer. If the credit card or debit card information provided by you is invalid, or the charge or debit is otherwise declined for any reason, the order will be canceled.
- Delivery Information – Provide a physical, residential address to receive your meal orders, and keep your delivery address and contact information current. Orders are not shipped to PO boxes or commercial addresses.
- Refund Policy – Refunds will be made at the discretion of Healthrageous and will be in the form of a replacement or additional shipment. Monetary refunds are not made for meals placed through a health plan benefit nor for retail purchase. Submissions for refunds due to shipment issues will not be honored by Healthrageous and must be addressed through the shipping carrier.
All actions made under your account are your responsibility and by placing an order through Healthrageous, you agree to be personally liable for any additional charges placed through your account.
Sales tax may be applied to your order based on your local and state laws.
MEALS, INFORMATION AND SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU
Healthrageous shall not be responsible or liable, under any circumstances, for any illness or health problem that may result from the consumption of its prepared foods or meals, or from the use of other services. Services and meals may not be appropriate for certain people including people who 1) have food allergies or intolerances; 2) are under 18 years of age; or 3) suffer from certain types of medical conditions that can be adversely affected by diet. You may wish to consult your physician before altering your diet or using any Services.
Individuals with allergies, intolerances, or other special medical conditions are urged to take precautions. Meal ingredients and nutritional information are provided on meal labels. If you have adverse reactions to specific foods, it is your responsibility to avoid eating these foods. You agree that we will not be held liable for any damages related to allergies, intolerances, or other medical conditions.
Services are not designed to and do not provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, opinion, or treatment. Health-related information is provided for informational and educational purposes only, and is not intended to be medical advice, or relied upon as such. After reading care messages or web pages, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your medical provider. Never disregard professional medical advice, delay in seeking treatment, or rely on the information contained in these Services in place of seeking professional medical advice. The information should not be considered as a medical consultation, nor is it meant to replace the provider’s decisions about the appropriateness or risks of a procedure given to a patient. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your provider or 911 immediately.
No Warranties. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SPECIFICALLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT, THE GOODS AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS”, “WHERE IS”, AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS WITH NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WITH RESPECT TO MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU or Paid on your behalf.
Nutrition, dietary and other information concerning medical conditions change continuously. We do not guarantee the accuracy, adequacy, timeliness, or completeness of any of the information on this site or on the linked web sites and are not responsible for any errors, omissions, or any consequences arising from the use of the information contained at this or any linked web site.
References to any entity, product, service, or source of information should not be considered an endorsement, either direct or implied. We do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be provided on any linked web sites. The linked web sites may contain text, graphics, images, or information that you find offensive. We have no control over and accept no responsibility for such materials.
INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT YOU
In general, your PHI and other personal information submitted to and/or shared with us may be used for the following purposes: to enable participant access services; to personalize content, to improve our Services and functionality; and/or to provide additional information and functionality upon request. Except as otherwise stated herein, we do not sell, trade, rent or otherwise share PHI or personal information that we collect with third parties.
HIPPA Protected Health Information – Disclosures and Consent
You acknowledge and consent that: standard texts are not encrypted and that SMS texting is not considered a secure technology; standard text messages that you receive may indicate the nature of your condition and may be intercepted or viewed by other people who have access to your mobile device; and secure interactive chat messages will be sent via encrypted SSL/TPS connection, and accessible through a password-protected website portal. We will not send PHI in standard text messages. However, secure interactive chat messages may contain PHI, which may include information concerning your medical condition, including (without limitation) blood glucose/AC1 levels, cardiac condition and performance, allergies and intolerances, medications, blood pressure, eating, drinking, and smoking patterns, and any other medical or health information you elect to share or discuss with any of the Services, such as email, texts, interactive chat messages, or customer service communications. message.
We and our service providers and affiliates will collect, transmit, store, and disclose your PHI in accordance with HIPAA. We may receive PHI from your health insurer or via the secure chats referenced herein. Generally, your PHI will be shared with parties engaging in secure chats with you, your insurer, and other third-party service providers or affiliates who work on our behalf, to provide some functions of Services. Examples of such Services include sending texts, chat messages, data, and/or e-mails, analyzing data, processing payments, and providing customer service. Such PHI will be provided to the aforementioned affiliates and third-party service providers subject to “business associate agreements” requiring that PHI is not to be utilized in any manner except as necessary to provide the relevant Services, and in compliance with HIPPA.
We may use elements of personal information and PHI collected through Services for internal research, development, and product and service improvement purposes, but all such information will be aggregated with other data and not individually identifiable.
We may disclose PHI and personal information if it is believed in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to: (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas, discovery requests and orders, or warrants served on us; or (b) to protect and defend our rights, property, or you the participant. You hereby consent to us sharing your PHI under the circumstances described herein.
Understanding all of the foregoing, you consent to the collection, transmission, storage and disclosure of your PHI, receiving standard SMS texts and to receiving and sending secure interactive chat messages in connection with the Services, as described herein. If you are not willing for us to use or disclose your collected PHI and personal information as described herein, you may choose to not participate.
Privacy of Personal Information
We respect your privacy and want you to know how we use your personal information. Personal Information we may collect and store may include your first and last name, your e-mail address, your home or other physical address, including a street name and name of a city or town, your telephone number, your insurance policy number or identifier, any payment or financial information, or any other identifier that permits us to contact a natural human person, like you, and/or any information that we, or our authorized third-party vendors or partners, maintain that could be used to identify you in combination with any of the identifying information described above, including information that identifies, relates, to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household, or as may be relevant under applicable law. We also may collect, store, and use information concerning your gender, age, and race. All of those kinds of information are included when we use the term “personal information” in this Policy.
We use a software platform with educational content that is available via email, web links and in text messages. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to other companies or individuals. We use industry-leading Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to keep your personal information secure. Your personal information will only be used for its intended purposes of facilitating Services to you, and as set forth in this Policy. By participating, you give us permission to share your personal information with service providers and affiliates who may need the information to operate the Services as outlined in this Policy.
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. To mitigate this risk, you should use secure usernames and passwords and carefully protect them from disclosure and implement updated internet security and virus protection on your computer. If you suspect that your computer’s security or your information has been compromised or your password accessed or used by an unauthorized third party, immediately change your password, and let us know.
If we become aware of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the site if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to use in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Users should also be aware of how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal Information through insecure e-mail to SMS texts. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.business.ftc.gov/privacy-and-security/consumer-privacy for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Information Submitted Via Text, Chat and E-mail
When a participant sends a meal order, text or chat message and/or e-mail, their mobile phone number and/or e-mail address, the full content of the message, attached files, or other information provided may be collected and stored. We may use this information to determine and send appropriate meals, information or educational content to you and others, and for other purposes outlined in this Policy. You may indicate your preference to stop receiving communications or opt-out at any time. (See Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information).
Information Collected Via Technology
Use and Disclosure of Information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our website or while using Services. We may routinely share personal information with:
- Our affiliates, joint venturers, and business partners;
- Our service providers and those with whom we’ve contracted in connection with Services, such as meal preparers, transportation and logistics service providers, “concierge” service providers, cloud storage providers, technology and software service providers, payment processors, website hosts, and various customer, tech, and operational support providers;
- Your Medicare Advantage insurer;
- Our insurers and brokers; and
- Our financial institutions and accounting and legal services providers
We may disclose and exchange personal information in connection with proceedings in courts and tribunals and to parties to such proceedings, and to law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies, and auditors, to comply with legal and regulatory obligations, to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law or regulations. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion.
We may disclose and exchange information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy. We may also share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our site or while using our Services as you may request or otherwise agree.
We may also use third party services such as Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your personal information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may combine Personal Information we collect with additional Personal Information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated non Personal Information with third parties, including advisors, and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell such third parties about how many individuals there are, and the most popular features or functionality accessed. This information does not contain any Personal Information and may be used to develop content and features that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising. We may also report aggregated, de-identified data relating to activity on the Site to third parties or the general public. We may combine such data with data obtained from third-party sources in order to generate such reports. This Policy does not limit use or disclosure of de-identified information (i.e., that is not connected with an individual user) in any way, and we reserve the right to use and disclose such information to Services partners, sponsors and other third parties at our discretion.
Ideas/Inventions Disclosed in Messages to the Program or Program Parties
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The following provisions apply only to residents of the state of California:
Do Not Track. Section 22575 of the California Business & Professions Code requires website and online service operators to disclose whether they honor web browser “Do Not Track” settings. At this time, no standard has been adopted by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) regarding such practices, and given current industry considerations, we do not generally respond to “do not track” signals and may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different web sites when you visit our website, for example by using cookies. We will update our practices and Policy as these standards evolve. For more information about Do Not Track, please visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA):
Right to Know. You have the right to know and see what data we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including:
- Categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- Categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- Business or commercial purpose for collecting your Personal Information;
- Categories of third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Information;
- Specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information we have collected from you (and direct our service providers to do the same).
Other Rights. You can request certain information about our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. This request is free and may be made once a year. You also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights listed above.
Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. For example, we need certain types of information so that we can provide our Services to you. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our Services.
Disclosures. For purposes of compliance with the CCPA, in addition to the further details as described in this Policy, we disclose that we collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- Identifiers (e.g., your name, email, address, phone, IP address)
- Information exchanged in text and chat messages
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (e.g. your gender, age and race)
- Transactional information (e.g., your purchase information and order history
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (e.g., information about your website or app usage, such as page views and “self pay” order information
- Inferences (e.g., analytics and preferences)
We use and disclose these categories of information to enable use of our website, the Services, and products, to communicate with you, to understand how our users interact with our sites, to facilitate orders and fulfillment, and to improve our offerings as otherwise described in this Policy.
How to Exercise Your Rights. If you would like to exercise any of your rights as described in this Policy, you may make a CCPA-related data access or data portability disclosure request twice within a 12-month period. If you choose to contact us directly, you will need to provide us with:
- Enough information to identify you (e.g., your full name, address and customer or matter reference number);
- Proof of your identity and address (e.g., a copy of your driver’s license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- A description of what right you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates.
Please see below under “How to Exercise Your Choices Regarding Your Privacy and Personal Information” for information on contacting us to exercise your rights.
We are not obligated to make a data access or data portability disclosure if we cannot verify that the person making the request is the person about whom we collected information, or is someone authorized to act on such person’s behalf. Any Personal Information we collect from you to verify your identity in connection with you request will be used solely for the purposes of verification.
How to Exercise Your Choices Regarding Your Privacy and Personal Information
We offer choices to you regarding the collection, use and sharing of their personal information. You have a right at any time to opt out of Services. To end all Services and be removed, contact Healthrageous support at email@example.com or (855) 868-8655. To discontinue electronic communications and cease text messages, you can reply “STOP” at any time after receiving a text message. Participants may also contact Healthrageous directly by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
SMS Text-based Services are completely voluntary, and you may opt out at any time by replying STOP. For assistance, reply HELP. Message and data rates may apply depending on your mobile carrier plan.
For questions about your meal order, visit madeeasymeals.com and view Frequently Asked Questions, send email to email@example.com or call (855) 868-8655.
For technical support with text messages and access to health information resources: contact us here: Technical Support
Updated December 29, 2021